MANY REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD MOISTURIZE:
- to avoid dryness,
- to control production of oil/sebum,
- to repair skin,
- to prevent fine lines and deep wrinkles.
I HAVE AN OILY SKIN: SHOULD I STILL HYDRATE MY SKIN?
Hydrating oily skin is a Must! When not done, skin produces even more oil to make-up for the lack of hydration. Remember that the more you deprive your skin from hydration, the more you excite your sebaceous glands. Some of you may have experienced that once skin is only cleansed, the texture feels less oily, but gets oilier as the day goes by or when waking up in the morning. The only main reason is that you did not apply any moisturizer and your skin naturally responded to this lack of hydration by producing more oil.
WHAT MOISTURIZER SHOULD I PICK?
- NORMAL/OILY/ACNE PRONE SKIN:
You want to favor an oil free formulation with a light texture with thin molecules. They will penetrate your hydrolipidic film easily with no visible oily residue on the skin surface. You also have to pick botanical ingredients with antibacterial properties such as lavender extract. Some natural skin lighteners are also ingredients to be considered to remove pigmentation from acne scarring or old blemishes.
- NORMAL/DRY/ DEHYDRATED MATURE SKIN:
When talking about dry/mature skin, moisturizing becomes vital to prevent fine lines and deep wrinkles. The main active ingredients for intense hydration are Shea Butter and phyto hyaluronic acid which will help seal water into your skin. Pseudo plant based Collagen will give more plump and density to the skin while diminishing the appearance of fine lines & deeper wrinkles.
WHEN TO MOISTURIZE?
Moisturizing must be part of your morning & night time home regimen.
In the morning: Tone & Hydrate
In the evening: Cleansing, Tone & Hydrate.
SOME NOTES FROM Brigitte Beasse, Skin Care Expert and Co-Founder of brigitte BEAUTE:
- "In the morning, oily skin should only wear sunscreen already containing an oil free moisturizer to prevent layers of products which could block the natural skin oxygenation, necessary to regulate oil production".
- "Some of my male clients never hydrate, just cleanse their face in the morning! When reluctant to use creamy moisturizer, I then pick a gel/serum texture, which they thank me for, after noticing drastic improvements in their skin texture!".